Sedation | Nervous Patients
At TwentyOneDental, we understand that many people have a fear of the Dentist.
Through a multitude of reasons, from a bad experience as a child, heavy-handed treatment or over-treatment, to painful treatment and your discomfort not being addressed, people like yourself avoid what may be essential Dental Treatment that could save your teeth or give you the confidence to smile once more.
Whatever your fear is and however it manifests itself, we are accustomed to treating people like yourself. We will be gentle, caring and empathic and will guide you through your journey with us.
Our aim is to make your visits with us as comfortable as possible and to restore your confidence, so that coming to see our dentists no longer causes you fear and anxiety. To help you understand how our patients feel about how we look after them, please take a look at our patient TESTIMONIALS.
To help you in taking the next step to contact us, there are several options listed below for your own comfort to choose from. Alternatively, if you would prefer to come and take a look around our clinic and meet the clinical team, then our friendly concierge member will be very happy to arrange this for you. Just let us know when you make contact and we will arrange a suitable time and date convenient to you.
Here at TwentyOneDental we have an experienced SEDATIONIST who is trained in intravenous, oral and intranasal sedation and is one of the few sedationists in the South East who offers intranasal sedation in dental practice. Intranasal sedation works excellently for patients who are extremely anxious or needle phobic. David is known for being calm, caring and believes that a visit to the dentist should not be a terrifying experience and is equally passionate about putting patients at ease during their dental treatment. To find out more about David, please click HERE.
HOW DOES THE SEDATION PROCESS WORK ?
- Following an initial dental assessment being undertaken by one of the clinics dentists, we will then arrange for you to have a pre-treatment discussion with our sedationist. This is usually undertaken by telephone but if you would prefer a face-to-face meeting, then this can of course be arranged for you. It is important to us for you to feel as comfortable as possible during this process and at all times
- A thorough medical, dental and social history will be taken and recorded prior to each course of treatment for every patient
- Patients will receive clear instructions and written valid consent must be obtained
- Fasting for Conscious Sedation is not normally required but our sedationist will discuss this fully with you
- Recovery from sedation is a progressive step-down from completion of treatment through to going home. A member of our clinical team will ensure you are supervised and monitored whilst in our recovery suite until you are ready to leave the clinic
- Every patient must have have either a family member or friend to collect them from the clinic following any type of sedation
- Every patient together with their family member or friend collecting them, will be provided with details of potential complications, aftercare and adequate information regarding emergency contact
- To ensure our patients have as little to worry about as possible on the day of their treatment we ask that at the time of booking your appointment payment in full is made. This also secures your pre-appointment consultation with our sedationist too and is a legal requirement where sedation takes place
Taking the first step can be hard, and we are here to help. We genuinely care.
Therefore, to ensure your wellbeing at all times, please choose whatever option you feel more comfortable with below and one of our caring team will get back to you the same day. Alternatively, you will be contacted the next working day and our concierge team will be very happy to help with any query you may have; arrange for you to pop in and take look around the clinic or help book an appointment.