Dr Alaa Al Daadaa
BChD (Hons); MClinDent OS; MOralSurg (RCSEng); Cer.Imp.Dent ; DGZI; MPhil; FHEA
(SPECIALIST) ORAL SURGEON
GDC Number: 275892
Oral Surgery in Dentistry
Unlike many dental clinics, we are privileged to have our very own resident Specialist Oral Surgeon, Mr Alaa Al Daadaa BChD (Hons) MClinDent OS (Eastman) MOralSurg (RCSEng); Cer.Imp.Dent (Warwick) DGZI (Germany) MPhil (Eastman) FHEA (UK).
Your care in the hands of our Specialist Oral Surgeon
Alaa is a Specialist Oral Surgeon with extensive training at world-prestigious universities and hospitals. Qualified in Dentistry with Distinction and embarked on a career in Oral Surgery. Following Implant
Dentistry training in Germany, University of Warwick, and Harley Street Dental Excellence, Alaa undertook his junior surgical training at prestigious Barts & the Royal London Hospitals and went on to complete a 3-year
higher surgical training within the Maxillofacial Diagnostic, Medicine & Surgical Sciences Division at the world renowned UCL Eastman Dental Institute and University College London Hospitals.
He was proudly recognised and awarded a Master in Clinical Dentistry in Oral Surgery, with Distinction, as-well as the tri-collegiate speciality membership examination for Oral Surgery “MOralSurg” of the Royal College of Surgeons.
Alaa then developed an interest in craniofacial reconstruction completing both his master’s and PhD thesis in collaboration with the Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering Division at UCL Eastman Dental Institute.
Further recognised for his considerable knowledge experience and passion for his specialism in dentistry, he also teaches and holds a Senior Clinical Lecturer position at multiple universities in Europe including Italy, Germany, and the UK training postgraduate dentists in both Oral Surgery and Implant Dentistry.
Alaa manages patients with a wide range of Oral & Maxillofacial problems, from complex impacted teeth, advanced implant dentistry, surgical treatments under conscious sedation and non-surgical facial aesthetics.
His considerable experience and knowledge have also been recognised in medical journals and many published articles.
Outside his work, Alaa is a keen athlete having played Basketball and Tennis at a semi-professional level. He enjoys also classical music concerts and socialising with friends. Alaa speaks English, German, Arabic and French.
- Awarded UCL EDI post-graduate Distinction award 2016 for the final grade of the MClinDent Oral Surgery dissertation
- Awarded UCL EDI post-graduate Distinction award 2016 for the final grade of the MClinDent Oral Surgery
- Awarded Warwick Medical School post-graduate Distinction award 2014 for the final certificate grade
- Awarded IUST under-graduate Distinction award 2011 for the final Bachelor of Dentistry grade
- Awarded IUST under-graduate Distinction award (2011, 2010) in clinical Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Conservative Dentistry
- Awarded IUST under-graduate Distinction award (2008, 2009) in pre-clinical histology, pathology and general surgery
RESEARCH WORK & PUBLICATIONS
- Owji, N., Aldaadaa, A., Cha, JR., Shakouri, T., Garcia, E., Kim, H., Knowles, JC. (2019). Synthesis, Characterisation and 3D Printing of an Isosorbide Based, Light Curable, Degradable Polymer for Potential Application in Maxillofacial Reconstruction. ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering.
- Aldaadaa, A., Al Qaysi, M., Georgiou, G., Leeson, RM., & Knowles, JC. (2018). Physical Properties and Biocompatibility Effects of Doping SiO2 and TiO2 into Phosphate-based Glass for Bone Tissue Engineering. Journal of Biomaterials Application. • Aldaadaa, A., Owji, N., & Knowles, JC. (2018). Three dimensional Printing in Maxillofacial Surgery: Hype Vs Reality. Journal of Tissue Engineering.
- Alqaysi, M., Aldaadaa, A., Mordan, N., Shah, R. & Knowles, JC. (2017). Zinc and Strontium based Phosphate glass beads: a novel material for bone tissue engineering. Biomedical Materials (Bristol, England) • Aldaadaa, A. (2014). Complications in Implant Dentistry. Clinical Excellence. - Posters:
- Aldaadaa, A., Stagnell, S. (2018, September). Prescribing Habits in Implant Dentistry: A Pilot Survey. Poster presented at the British Association of Oral Surgeons’ meeting in Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- Siddle, A., Kaimakamis, P., Aldaadaa, A., Ali, N. (2015, September). A real nail-biter of a diagnosis. Poster presented at the British Association of Oral Surgeons’ meeting in Manchester, United Kingdom. - Audits:
- Aldaadaa, A., Ujam, A., Ali, N. (2013). Computerised Tomography for Third Molar Pathology – Who Is Requesting Them And Are They Appropriate? A Retrospective Study. A one year retrospective study performed at Whipps Cross Hospital. - Journals reviews:
- Journal of Tissue Engineering (2018)/ Journal of Tissue Engineering (2018) • Oral Surgery (2020)/ Oral Surgery (2018)/ Oral Surgery (2017)/ Oral Surgery (2017)
Alaa has the same passion and ethos as the rest of our highly experienced team members:
- We listen to you and understand your concerns
- We provide excellence in treatment and quality which is tailored to your needs
- We make you feel absolutely comfortable and at ease throughout the whole treatment process
If you have any tooth concerns or wish to be referred to us by your own dentist, feel free to contact us on 01273 202102. We are here to help and work with your existing dentist by complimenting their care for you in order to ensure your oral health is maintained to the highest standards.
Can I book in for an initial chat? Of course you can. You have the option to meet us face to face or via video conference call. All you need do is either call us on 01273 202102 or click the link below and one of our experienced and super friendly front of house team will be more than happy to assist you.
PROFESSIONAL REFERRALS (PRIVATE ONLY)
For all professional referrals, please visit our dedicated referrals page - https://twentyonedental.co.uk/clinical-referrals/
However, should your prefer to initially discuss a case you wish to refer to Mr Alaa Al Daadaa or any other surgeon, in the first instance kindly please telephone our private referrals coordinator, Kayleigh Pizzey on 01273 202102. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com Kayleigh oversees all private referrals to our clinic and will be happy to help.